I really like the idea but it could use a little work. I hope you'll consider updating it.
- Restart option in pause menu (for when vehicle gets stuck)
- Odometer on dashboard, so player can gauge their own progress
- The part health hud is rather obtrusive, make it toggle-able or replace it with a vehicle hologram to dashboard with color coded parts indicated their health.
- Game Over Stats; distance traveled, cash spent, vehicle damage taken and repaired
- Other damage indicators
- Cracked glass with hull damage
- Smoke from engine that obscures vision
- Strange sounds like rattling or clunks (The kind of sounds you'd dread to hear driving your own car)
- Animations like rattling wings
- Finding repair items in wrecked vehicles or ruined buildings
- Instead of a store UI, have player physically enter store to search for items. Adding to the time pressure
- Not sure if it's a good idea but; permanent vehicle damage, like loosing wings
- Camera screen shake in storm
- Intensifying storm effects; denser fog, dust particles, loud wind, slow passive vehicle damage
- Internet radio, let player supply the URL/s
- Interesting things to see
- Sparking sound is extremely irritating, please change the audio clip or lower it's volume a lot.
- It wasn't obvious how it all worked, a readme or ingame hints would be helpful. Specific things I wasn't clear on:
- Gaining cash
- Impact of each damaged part
- What items repairs each part, specifically the ambiguously named ones like glue
- Stutter from what I assume is the procedural generation of next chunk. Could it perhaps be executed over many frames?